Our state and our country are defined by the immigrant experience. Most of our ancestors were immigrants who came to the United States to seek a better life, escape persecution, and build thriving communities. New immigrants continue to be a vital part of the Rhode Island community.
The Economic Progress Institute recognizes that immigrants and immigration play a large role in the Ocean State's economy and our future. We believe that broadly shared prosperity means that all Rhode Islanders, regardless of their immigration status, should have equal access to resources and economic opportunities that allow them to achieve their full potential.
This page provides information about resources available to our immigrant neighbors:
- Fact Sheets on Eligibility for Health Insurance and Public Benefits (see fact sheets below);
- Developing a Family Preparedness Plan;
EPI has prepared a new fact sheet and memo to help Rhode Island immigrants, policy makers, and advocates understand the new changes to public charge.
Please also see:
- Public Charge Fact Sheet for Workforce Development Practitioners
- Public Charge Fact Sheet for Adult Educators
- Public Charge Fact Sheet for Higher Education Advocates
- Public Charge and Health Coverage Programs
New Health Care Eligibility Fact Sheet and Brochure for Immigrants
EPI has prepared a new factsheet and brochure to help Rhode Island immigrants understand and access health coverage available to them based on eligibility. The fact sheet outlines the many options available to immigrants, depending on immigration status, for accessing affordable quality health care.
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (ENGLISH)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (SPANISH)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (PORTUGUESE)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (KHMER)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (HMONG)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (LAOTIAN)
- RI Health Care Fact Sheet for Immigrants (HAITIAN CREOLE)
Family Preparedness Plan
This guide will help you create a plan for your children's care.
For more general information on your rights as an immigrant and how to protect yourself during ICE raids you can read about that here.