Health care form may change how you file your taxes

WPRI Eyewitness News
Consumer Investigator Susan Campbell

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The Affordable Care Act may change the way you file your federal income tax return this year.

There are new information forms that can help you complete your tax return, which you should’ve received last month if you purchased your health insurance through HealthSource RI.

“This year, everybody is getting a tax document called a 1095,” said Linda Katz of the Economic Progress Institute.

The 1095 is basically a proof of health insurance, and there are three versions of the form: A, B, and C.

The A form is for people who have purchased health insurance through a marketplace such as HealthSource RI. The B form is for people who have insurance through a small business or public insurance such as Medicare or Medicaid, while the C form is for employer-provided health insurance.

Leave a Reply