Provides vouchers to purchase nutritionally appropriate foods and nutrition education to pregnant and post-partum women and children under age five.
- Pregnant women
- Mothers with babies under 6 months old
- Mothers who are breastfeeding
- Children under age 5 who are at nutritional risk
- Fathers, grandparents and foster parents can also apply for WIC for children in their care
- Citizen and immigrant information is not required
Income and Resource Limits
There is no resource test in WIC. Income must be within the limits in the chart, In addition, a woman or child who is receiving RIte Care is considered to have income within the limits.
How to Apply
WIC sites are located at community health centers, some community organizations, and Woman and Infants Hospital. For more information and a list of WIC sites, visit the DOH WIC page.
Income Limits, WIC
(May 2022 – June 30, 2023)
|Family Size*||Income Limit (Annual)||Income Limit (Monthly)|
*Pregnant woman counts as 2