Latest RI Health Coverage Project News
Health Source RI Special Enrollment Period and new bill payment options at CVS
Special Enrollment Period
If you experienced a life-changing event such as losing your job or having a baby and need health insurance, you can get help at the following community events or by calling HSRI at 1-855-840-4774 or by visiting the contact center at 401 Wampanoag Trail in East Providence. To learn more visit www.healthsourceri.com
HSRI community events will be held:
300 Spring St
600 Sandy Lane
303 Clinton St
100 Boone St
To see the full event details, including updates visit:https://healthsourceri.com/upcoming-events/
Health Insurance for People who are Uninsured
The type of health insurance available to you and your family depends on your income. Adults with income below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) may be eligible for RIte Care/Medicaid. The RIte Care/Medicaid income limits for children and pregnant women are higher.
Individuals and families with income above the RIte Care/Medicaid limits can buy coverage through Health Source RI (HSRI). Tax credits are available to help pay for coverage if income is below 400% FPL and if income is less than 250% FPL you can also get help paying for out-of-pocket costs (cost-sharing reduction).
HOW TO ENROLL
• Apply on-line at www.HealthSourceRI.com.
• Call 1-855-840-4774 to enroll over the phone.
• Enroll in-person at the HSRI contact center at 401 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence
• Enroll in-person with a community-based Navigator. (Call 2-1-1 to find a navigator in your community or check this brochure.).
WHEN TO ENROLL
• Individuals and families who are eligible for Medicaid/RIte Care coverage can enroll at any time.
• The Open Enrollment period for HealthSource RI plans closed on January 31, 2016, and reopens in November, 2016. Until open enrollment in November, people who are uninsured because of life changes such as losing health insurance at a job, giving birth or adopting a child, marriage/divorce, a death in the family, or moving to Rhode Island can enroll in a HealthSource RI plan. It’s important to apply for coverage soon after the life-changing event. For more information click here for a factsheet about the special circumstances for enrolling in coverage through HSRI. You can also download a poster explaining eligibility for HSRI coverage here.
HealthSource RI also hosts enrollment sessions for currently uninsured Rhode islanders who want to enroll in coverage:
Webinar: Recording of our webinar for Community Helpers that explains how to help families renew their insurance and more about the rolling renewal option.
Business Process Plan: Help make sure families who come to your agency know about RIte Care renewal. See our Business Process Plan to help your organization think about how to make sure everyone you work with stays covered.
Notices: The Executive Office of Health and Human Services has sent a series of notices to families who need to renew their RIte Care Coverage.
Press and alerts: Read our recent press releases and newsletters about the RIte Care renewal process.