As we are monitoring developments every day, the Economic Progress Institute staff are especially focused on the effects of COVID-19 on those who have low incomes, or who are ill or disabled. These Rhode Islanders will bear greater burdens than most — not just from the virus but also from the social distancing we must follow to contain the virus's spread.
We have prepared several fact sheets about accessing benefits and services to help Rhode Islanders and community helpers understand the resources available to them during this crisis.
We also have videos below with important COVID-19 information to help Rhode Islanders.
COVID-19 Update: Testing for all
With expanded testing opportunities in Rhode Island, Governor Raimondo says all residents who are feeling sick should get tested. This includes immigrants, regardless of status. Governor's message to immigrants: don't be afraid to get tested if you feel sick.
WEBINAR - April 29, 2020 - The Economic Progress Institute, the Immigrant Coalition of Rhode Island, and The Latino Policy Institute hosted a webinar with local experts to learn about resources for health care, income supports, food assistance, housing, and utility protection for Rhode Island immigrants. Public charge and USCIS concerns were also discussed.
WEBINAR - April 29, 2020 - The Economic Progress Institute, Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training, RI Department of Human Services, and LISC Rhode Island hosted a webinar providing an overview of UI, Loans, and CCAP payments.
Other Local Resources
- DHS Letter- State Mandated Closure of Child Care Sites through May 31, 2020
- DHS COVID-19 Child Care Plan - ENGLISH
- DHS COVID-19 Child Care Plan- SPANISH
- DHS COVID-19 Re-opening Plan FAQ's- ENGLISH
- DHS COVID-19 Re-opening Plan FAQ's- SPANISH
- DHS COVID-19 Draft Regulations
- Care.com - Partnership with State of Rhode Island
- Press Release from Governor Raimondo on Care.com and Emergency Child Care
- Rhode Island Department of Health Food Sites for Children
- Rhode Island Community Food Bank Food List
- P-EBT Fact Sheet- ENGLISH
- P-EBT Fact Sheet- SPANISH
- Office of Health Insurance Commissioner - Special coverage by commercial plans during COVID-19- ENGLISH.
- Office of Health Insurance Commissioner- Special coverage by commercial plans during COVID-19- SPANISH.
- Rhode Island Coalition for the Homeless COVID-19 Housing Resources Page
- Homes RI Tenant FAQ - ENGLISH (as of 4.16.2020)
- Homes RI Tenant FAQ - SPANISH (as of 4.16.2020)
- Homes RI Fact Sheet for Single- Family Home Owners (as of 4.23.2020)
Older Rhode Islanders
- Rhode Island Office of Healthy Aging: Older Adult Local Resources
- Rhode Island Office of Healthy Aging: Project HELLO
Rhode Islanders with Disabilities